About Me

Hello, my name is Thad and I am in 11th grade. I am writing about my experience in DigCit.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Radio Commentary

Working on a podcast rather than a video was much different than what I was used to doing. Most projects I work on end up in video format, so I have naturally become familiar with making them. When working on a video, it can be difficult to work on creating an enticing visual while still finding a perfect audio to play in the background. Even in my videos, I never really do a voiceover or anything with my voice, and even if I do I don't focus on it that often because I would rather have a great visual than a great audio playing behind a poor visual. 

Personally, I thought working on this would be really easy and it would be a simple project that would only take an hour or so, and I was way off. The writing portion seemed just as simple as I had thought it would be, until I was ready to record. Once I heard myself saying what I had written, it sounded awful and I ended up changing almost my entire script because it just sounded wrong. Once I was finally content with my script, I recorded over and over again until I thought I had gotten it perfect. Which I thought I did, but turns out my last few words were cut out, so I had to try and record it all over again, which took even longer the second time around. But, I think it was for the best because it sounds better than it had the first time I thought I had finished. I think this project will really help me because when I am making videos, i'm going to be much more conscience of the audio and I may end up being a perfectionist when it comes to audio now, but I don't think that is a bad thing.

Overall, the project was much different than I expected it to be, and more difficult especially. I'm glad we ended up doing this though because I think it will help me when I create videos and other projects in the future that involve audio, because if it is just a song in the background or someone speaking over a video, i'm going to want it to be perfect after experiencing this project. But, I also know how difficult it is to get audio to work just the way you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment